He Liao (Li 19) or “Grain Bone Hole” Acupuncture point – Large Intestine Meridian
Localization of point:
The root of the canine, in a hollow between the alae of the nose and the upper lip.
- acute rhinitis
- chronic rhinitis
- blocked nose
- nasal polyp
- nasal furuncle
- facial spasms and paralysis
- spasms of the masseter muscle
- AII diseases of nose. Good results in curing epistaxis. After needle application of moxa to the point Xin hui Gv 22.
Acupuncture and Moxibustion treatment:
- Acupuncture: 3 fens ( 1 cm – or 0,4 in)
- Moxibustion:2 minutes, sometimes forbidden.