He Gu (Li 4) or “Union Valley” Acupuncture point – Large Intestine Meridian
Localization of point:
The proximal portion of the second metacarpal bone, the juncture of the first and the second metacarpal bone.
- cervicobrachial neuralgia
- white spots on the cornea
- weak sight
- difficulty in coughing up the sputum
- nocturnal perpiration
- nasal polyp
- Good results in curing all the diseases of head, face, ear’s, eyes and the oral cavity.
Acupuncture and Moxibustion treatment:
- Acupuncture: 3 – 7 fens (1 cm – 2,33 cm or 0,4 in – 0,92 in)
- Moxibustion: 5 – 20 minutes; 3 – 7 zhuangs (moxa cones).
Application of needle to this point with pregnant women can cause miscarriage; the cause is not yet known.