San Jian (Li 3) or “Third Space” Acupuncture point – Large Intestine Meridian
Localization of point:
On the radial side distally from the second metacarpal bone, the lateral border af the extensor indicis muscle.
- difficulty in coughing up the sputum
- cervicobrachial neuralgia
- In curing the pain of larynx, teeth or abdomen after the normal procedure application of moxa to the points erjian Li 2 and sanjian Li 3 is said to have preventive results against the relapse.
Acupuncture and Moxibustion treatment:
- Acupuncture: 3 – 7 fens (1 cm – 2,33 cm or 0,4 in – 0,92 in)
- Moxibustion: 5 – 10 minutes; 3 – 5 zhuangs (moxa cones). In curing the pain of the fingers of the hand, the needle is inserted into the depth of 15 fens (5 cm or 1,97 in). This method is called “touzhangxin-zhenfa” Palmpenetration-method.