ZHONG FU (L1) or “Central Treasury” Acupuncture point – Lung Meridian
Localization of point:
On the frontal external upper side of the thoracic wall under the first rib. The point can be found in the following ways:
- if we proceed two cuns (6,66 cm or 2,624 in) laterally from the nipples and then upward between the third and the fourth rib (anatomically between the first and the second rib);
- if we proceed from the clavicle distally between the first and the second rib, 6 cuns (20 cm or 7.874 in) laterally from the point huagai. The second method is used with women.
- Recurrent fever
- Lung diseases
- Heart diseases
- Edema of face and limbs
- Pain of the thoracic muscles
- Nasal polyp
- In combination with the point yingxiang Li 20 or shangxing Gv 23 especially effective in curing long lasting anosmia.
Acupuncture and Moxibustion treatment:
- Acupuncture: 3-7 fens (0,999 cm – 2,3331 cm or 0,3936 in – 0,9184 in)
- Moxibustion: 5-20 minutes and 3-7 zhuangs (moxa cones)