Sibai (S 2 / ST 2) or “Four Whites” Acupuncture point – Stomach Meridian
Localization of point:
3 or 4 fens (1 cm – 1,33 cm or 0,39 in – 0,52 in) below the point chengqi S 1, the infraorbital foramen of the maxilla in the levator labil superioris muscle.
- trigeminal neuralgia of the first branch
- itching of the conjunctivae
- white spots on the cornea
- suppurative maxillary sinusitis
- facial paralysis and spasms
- disturbances of speech
Acupuncture and Moxibustion treatment:
- Acupuncture: 3 – 5 fens (1 cm – 1,66 cm or 0,4 in – 0,66 in), (the patient lies supine with closed eyes), sparrdwpeck. In deep insertions the eyeballs become greenish yellow. The reason is not yet known.
- Moxibustion: 3-5 minutes / not more than 5 zhuangs (moxa cones).